In The City Activities
A trip in Thessaloniki can be experienced with so many different ways, according to a visitor’s individual interests and can be enhanced with the numerous exciting things to try while being here.
There are more than thirty (30) museums in Thessaloniki containing from the archaeological treasures of late antiquity and Byzantine period to contemporary art exhibits, photography and technological accomplishments. The following two links are showcasing all important city museums along with their useful information.
Unesco Monuments Tour
In 1988 Unesco declared “World Heritage Sites” fifteen (15) of the finest monuments of the city. The following links can assist a visitor to discover them.
Renting a Bike
Nowadays it is fairly easy to find places in Thessaloniki to rent a classic city bike, or a family bike, or a mountain bike. The city centre might not yet have the most organized bike environment; nevertheless our newly redesigned prominence is ideal for a bike ride.
- City Bikes store is found in a short walk from our hostel.
- BikeIT is located at the coastal area of Thessaloniki.
Sightseeing Bus (Hop on – Hop off)
Although Thessaloniki is a city that one can easily discover by walking, riding the red open air sightseeing bus is an excellent option. The 70 minute tour is accompanied by an acoustic commentary in eight languages.
Cultural Bus Route (No 50)
The first bus line to make the historical and cultural heritage of Thessaloniki more accessible to both citizens and locals was established by the City Bus Company. The price is super low and a informational leaflet in English is provided.
Getting a basic knowledge of a new language is always an exotic and fulfilling experience.
- Peek at Greek is created by a team of Greek language teachers that conceive learning as a journey to culture and time.
Our region produces some rare and very special types of grapes that would be worthwhile being tasted.
- Ktima Gerovassiliou is a prestigious vineyard which is located in Epanomi, a very nearby suburb of Thessaloniki. It can be accessed easily by public transportation and it offers the opportunity to visit both the vineyard, its wine museum and also participate in a wine tasting.
- Oinovate is a wine bar that stands out for its passion to showcase small but significant Greek wine producers with grace and an excellent food pairing.
Thessaloniki is a city which is strongly associated with relaxation as a state of mind. Having relaxation as a cultural priority, the city offers plenty top quality providers of wellness services and beauty treatments in affordable prices.
- Massage Suites is an awarded massage and wellness center that offers a range of different treatments.
Travelling can a lot of times be challenging for the body and mind. Therefore, a class of yoga can reconnect one with his/her body.
- Om sweet om offers all level hatha, vinyasa and aerial yoga.
- Ashtanga Yoga Thessaloniki is the first and only certified school for ashtanga yoga.
- Peacock Yoga Wellness Centre offers classes of aerial yoga, yin yoga and aerial fitness.
Thessaloniki is built beautifully around the gulf of Thermaikos. The sea is probably the strongest element of the identity and atmosphere of this city. Therefore, one of the most memorable things to do while in Thessaloniki is to enjoy a boat ride.
- Thessaloniki Waterbus is the company that manages the daily boat trips from the Port of Thessaloniki to the small seaside towns Perea and Nei Epivates.
- Klio Cruise Bar is a bar boat that one can find in front of the White tower and can enjoy a drink while sailing in the sea.
Thermal Springs of Lagada
No more than 30-40 minutes from the city centre of Thessaloniki and one can find oneself in a heaven of wellness and relaxation with the therapeutic spring warm water of Lagada baths. The access can be made by public transportation and the admission is daily from 08:00 to 01:00.
National Park Axios Delta
In a really short distance from Thessaloniki a precious area of natural interest can be found. This protected wetland that is formed by a group of rivers and lakes is the home of more than 300 different species of birds and wild animals. A visit in the area can include both walking routes, bike tours and bird watching.